I'm something of a perfectionist.  It's not a good trait.  Reason being that I tend to put projects off if I don't feel like I have the time, materials, etc. to do them the right way.

Which is why I've been struggling with the recipe section of my Christmas binder for years.  Because, you see, it's not good enough to simply have the recipes written on paper and put in the binder.  Oh, no.  They have to be printed out.  With clip art.  And decorative fonts, possibly in festive colors.  It's become a stumbling block to actually getting the binder done, which is ostensibly the goal of having a binder in the first place.

But a few weeks ago, I had an epiphany-- why not buy decorative paper and print the recipes on that?  That way, I don't have to worry about clip art and coordination, I can just focus on making sure that my recipes are typed up (and accurate, which is important).  So I took myself to AC Moore and found this paper:


I was pretty excited that they had it, since I was looking for Thanksgiving papers in the middle of the summer.  And they were on clearance!  I got a dozen sheets of paper for something like $2.  Which those of you who scrapbook know is Quite A Deal.  I'm hoping to go by the craft store again soon to find some Christmas papers.

This is the first recipe I've printed.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  Now I just have to type up and format my other Thanksgiving recipes, and that section will be done! 

And just FYI-- I plan to talk about turkey roasting when we get a little closer to Thanksgiving.  I'm already craving it!

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment