Last year we took our first family trip to Disney World, and we had a ball.  While I was doing research and planning our trip, I discovered an amazing website called WDW Prep School.  If you're planning a trip to Walt Disney World, I would HIGHLY recommend you visit her site.  One of my favorite things on her site is a post about her Disney World Binder, which also has links to tons of downloads that you can use to make your own Disney Binder.  So being a binder fan, I started my own Disney Binder and revisited that post many times to help find what I needed to plan our trip.  I loved the post so much that it started me thinking that I would love to be able to offer a resource like that for Christmas Binders.  Which brings us here!

I have long been a fan of Christmas Binders.  Whether your Christmas preparations are on a grand scale or a simple one, a Christmas Binder can help you keep track of everything.  The beauty of the Christmas Binder is that they are totally customizable to every situation.  Maybe you just need a place to keep track of your gift giving, Christmas card lists, and recipes.  Or maybe you want a place to keep all those magazine clippings and printed out photos from the Internet to help inspire your decorating.  Whatever it is that you want to keep track of, a Christmas binder is a great way to do it.

I started my own Christmas Binder several years ago, and I use it every year.  My binder has up until recently been divided into the following sections:
I've decided that it is high time I replaced my sad old plain Christmas binder with a new fancy one.  I've spent a lot of time looking at the binders on Zazzle-- there are thousands-- and so far, these are the ones I like the most.







TWO binders, you say?  Have you gone off the deep end?

Maybe.

But I can tell you that I would love having a binder dedicated to holiday recipes.  I plan to use it for both Thanksgiving and Christmas (which is why it's called Holiday Recipes, and not Christmas Recipes).  I am dividing the recipes into sections like a cookbook-- appetizers, breakfast, main course, sides, desserts, etc.  And I have made an agreement with myself only to include the recipes that are tried and true family favorites.  This is not the place to keep those clipped, untried recipes out of a magazine.  Just the favorites.

Now I can expand the information in my other binder to include more planning and decorating information.  This is important, especially because I tend to forget from one year to the next what I did that worked and what I did that didn't work.  Having a place to keep photos and notes from year to year saves lots of trouble.

If you want to start your own Christmas binder, or even if you already have one started, then I hope you'll find something useful in this list of downloads.  My main criteria for choosing which links to include was that they be free, and that they be useful.  Most of them are variations on a theme, but hopefully you can find one in each section with a design you like.  Be sure to check out the links in the Planning Page Collections section, because they each have multiple downloads.  Happy planning!

Planning Page Collections:
(These are links to sites that have created sets of planning pages for you to download.  Most of these include recipe/meal planning pages, gift lists, Christmas card lists, and calendars.)  
Decorations and Decorating:
Gifts:
Budget:
Christmas Cards/Newsletters:
Other helpful planning pages:
Advent:
Thanksgiving:
See more Christmas themed binders at Zazzle.com

Browse other gifts from Zazzle.
(Note: If you use my referral link Zazzle will pay me a referral fee.)


Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment