I am so excited to share the work of another talented artist with you!  I discovered Forever Filigree on Etsy and I was both amazed and intrigued by her designs!  Shannon uses a technique called quilling, which is the art of taking 1/8” strips of paper and rolling them around the end of a pin or quilling tool to form filigree inspired shapes. She then arranges and glues these shapes together to form unique, one-of-a-kind snowflakes. As she has an eye for detail and perfection, each snowflake can take 2-3 hours for her to complete. It is finished off with an attached hanger and silver thread positioned just right so the snowflake always hangs perfectly.

Take a look at some of her beautiful designs:



Aren't they amazing?  As with real snowflakes, each one is unique and no two are exactly alike!

Shannon has graciously provided me with a snowflake to give away, and it is perfect for Christmas in July!  Here are the details:



Ocean’s Majesty Sand Dollar Ornament
A 5” elegant, white quilled snowflake ornament with an authentic Maine sand dollar in the middle for decorating your beach cottage, beach-themed home, or giving to any ocean lover....have a wonderful Beach Christmas. My sand dollars were found by me on the beaches of Maine (Popham Beach and Old Orchard Beach). This snowflake comes beautifully gift packaged in a two-piece metal tin lined with cardstock and finished off with a matching gift label on the lid of the tin. The tin is perfect for protecting and storing the snowflake for many years of enjoyment.

How to Enter:

1. Leave a comment telling me where you would display this beautiful ornament.

2. Go like the Christmas Rapping Facebook page and then leave a separate comment here letting me know that you have done so.  (If you already "like" my page just leave me a comment to let me know).

3. Follow the Christmas Rapping Pinterest page and then leave a separate comment here letting me know that you have done so.  (If you already follow me on Pinterest, leave me a comment to let me know).

4. Mention this giveaway in a blog post and then leave me a separate comment with the link!

***Make sure you leave a SEPARATE comment HERE ON THIS BLOG in order to be entered.  I must keep track of all the entries here to make sure the giveaway is fair.  Thanks so much for your cooperation!

Last day to enter is Friday, July 20th at midnight EST.  Winner will be announced on Monday, July 23rd.  Good luck!



Tagged:

2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted this. I liked the f b page -both literally and figuratively! Must have missed it when you first created it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) On the front of my tree of course!
    2) Done
    3) Done
    4) I'm not cool enough for a blog :)

    ReplyDelete